When it comes to enhancing cybersecurity for WordPress websites, two popular and effective free plugin is “Wordfence Security” and “Shield Security“ offers a range of features to protect your site from various online threats, including:
Six focal points are being emphasized.
- Firewall Protection: includes a web application firewall (WAF) that identifies and blocks malicious traffic before it reaches your website.
- Malware Scanning: scans WordPress core files, themes, and plugins for malware, backdoors, and other potential security vulnerabilities.
- Login Attempt Monitoring: tracks login attempts and can lock out users or IP addresses after a certain number of failed login attempts, protecting against brute force attacks.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): two-factor authentication for an additional layer of login security.
- Live Traffic View: monitor real-time traffic and see who is accessing your site, which can help identify and block suspicious activity.
- Security Notifications: provides email alerts and notifications about potential security issues, keeping you informed about the security status of your site.
Remember to regularly update both the WordPress core and plugins, including your security plugins, to ensure you have the latest security patches.
ShieldSecurity: With Shield Security, your site will immediately to block visitors as they probe your site looking for vulnerabilities, and before they can do damage. I endorse the top-rated firewall plugin. Thank you! Shield Security for such top-rated and free plugin. Contact Us.
Used it on all sites, works great. I have been using Shield for at least 3 years and it’s still the perfect security tool, especially when your WordPress team is not that big. It’s like having a WordPress security expert onboard.
It works as a spam filter, monitors for malicious URLs, prevents brute force attacks, and more.
One of the best aspects of this plugin is its performance. One thing that security plugins have a reputation for is slowing down your site. This one avoids that problem by making optimizations for speed.
The dashboard displays crucial components and navigation.
No matter if your website is big or small, hackers and other malicious groups will target it.